Wednesday 9 May 2012

Meet the Naked Single Man.

I am a single man. Personally, being single sucks. It's one thing to be independent, but it's another to be alone. Independence is empowering and positive, it means you'll be okay if the love of your life cheats on you. Codependence, well that's just unhealthy. It'll probably lead to stalking incidents, countless years in your parents' basement, and even worse, a bad marriage.

To reiterate: I am an independent human being. I can go places all by myself, mingle confidently with a roomful of people I hardly know, and get together with women I've met online without hiding behind a large potted plant.

An independent guy is something women look for! Is he? Hell if I know. I really don't know what the hell women look for. Dating is not an easy game. You can put stock in affected know-it-alls like Mystery and his canned-fruit "Method", or David DeAngelo's wooing twaddle, if either work for you, well that's just great! Nothing is going to work all the time, women are as complex as Euler's Formula (look it up, I had to; unless you'rRain Man you won't be at it for longer than five seconds before you die of a brain aneurism), assuming you know what women like and are like isn't the same as knowing.

But boldly in the face of all that feminine murkiness, the one thing I know with secure conviction is that I want one. I want a woman! Just one. Finding that one woman has proven latterly problematic, in point of fact, it's beginning to get ridiculous. I cannot meet a woman! I know they're out there, I see them all the time, everywhere I go, and they look fantastic! Seeing may be believing, but it as sure as hell isn't meeting. Besides, women can't be approached outside a social setting, it just isn't proper.

Sure, I go out and try to get in on things, socialize and let life rub up against me, but I still never get to meet those women. The women I do meet are of "too" types: too young or too taken! That means neither are interested. Conceivably, were I a suave lothario I could land chicks like that, but my politeness just happens to be genuine.

It's as though every new opportunity swiftly runs afoul of the same old, same old. It's really very, very frustrating. But I refuse to surrender! I refuse to be single!

No comments:

Post a Comment